We have a team of experienced attorneys that assist clients in designing and administering compensation arrangements for their executives. Our team has experience in tax law and accounting and a practical knowledge of human resources legal issues. While employers have a great amount of latitude in designing their executive compensation programs, relatively recent changes in the law have complicated the design and administration of these programs. We assist our clients in designing plans that meet their business needs while complying with all applicable regulations.
Examples of our services include:
- Counseling executives regarding the pros and cons of various compensation options, including all aspects of non-qualified retirement programs, stock options and other equity-based opportunities and advising on section 83 elections;
- Designing and implementing executive compensation programs for employers, including bonus programs, supplemental executive retirement plans (SERPs), excess benefit plans, stock options, phantom stock, and restricted stock units;
- Designing and counseling on executive employment agreements, change of control agreements and severance agreements;
- Assisting non-profit clients in designing and implementing plans in compliance with §§ 457(b) and 457(f) of the Internal Revenue Code (the “Code”); and
- Assisting clients in avoiding adverse tax implications under § 409A of the Code, as well as compliance with the golden parachute rule and deduction limitations under § 162(m) of the Code.