Cybersecurity & Data Privacy
Companies maintain sensitive personal information about their customers and employees, trade secrets, and intellectual property, which makes them prime targets for cyber criminals, regardless of the size of the company. Being prepared for a rapidly evolving cyber threat landscape is quite a task for organizations, but not doing so may leave them vulnerable to such threats, legal liability, and public relations ramifications. And perhaps the greatest threat to an organization may come from within when a rogue employee misappropriates information. Even though government legislation lags behind in handling emerging technologies and cyber threats, regulators have increasingly demanded that organizations implement reasonable information security practices.
Graydon’s data security and privacy attorneys offer both preventive and responsive strategies designed to integrate seamlessly with your business needs. Whether preparing companies for new compliance and reporting requirements or helping them through the aftermath of a cyber-incident, Graydon always prioritizes the business operations, goals and culture of those we represent. In this capacity, we have worked closely with private and publicly held companies who regularly handle sensitive information.
For those clients who suspect a data breach, Graydon implements and leads the incident response; directs the data forensic investigation; advises as to legal obligations to notify affected consumers, business partners, and regulators; oversees the notification of third parties; communicates with law enforcement; responds to regulatory inquiries; and provides representation in litigation and enforcement actions arising from the incident.
Graydon’s Cybersecurity and Privacy law services include:
- Cybersecurity/Incident Preparedness
- Data security and privacy best practices and counseling
- Information Security Policy Counseling and Training
- Data Breach Investigation and Response
- Vendor Contract Review
- Merger and Acquisitions
- Technology Transfer and Protection Counseling
- Workplace Privacy Training and Counseling
- Compliance with Applicable Laws, Including:
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Federal Trade Commission Act
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act
- Stored Communications act
- Computer Fraud and Abuse Act
- CAN-SPAM Act