Media & Marketing
Our mission is to continually build and strengthen the broad experience we have developed through our representation of leading media clients. At the same time, we will assist our traditional clients as they navigate through a landscape altered and formed by the emerging information age. We will do all of this as a team, with the passion, commitment and zealous devotion to service our clients so richly deserve.
We understand our clients' needs for quick turnaround and responsive client service. We review print and broadcast copy in hours, not days. We are totally “wired” and accessible 24/7. We are aggressive, responsive and dedicated to our clients’ interests. Group members have held leadership positions in organizations such as the Libel Defense Resource Center, the Media Law Resource Center, and the Ohio Coalition for Open Government.
Our clients include newspapers and broadcasters, but our work is not limited to their needs. The Media & Marketing Group counsels business and other traditional clients on data security and information needs - including privacy concerns, Web site matters, file retention strategies, and communications issues.
- Counsel on intellectual property matters including trademarks, copyrights and patents;
- Counsel on Internet use policies and other Web site issues; and
- Assist clients with data security needs, such as compliance with records retention laws.
Major Daily Newspaper and Affiliated Newspapers
- Review material prior to publication or broadcast to avoid potential liability;
- Serve as primary counsel for Cincinnati.com Web site matters;
- Obtain public records and access to public meetings;
- Defend libel and privacy lawsuits; and
- Advise in the areas of real estate, employment and general corporate matters.
- Multiple Broadcast Stations and Affiliates
- Review programming, advertising copy and contests for legal compliance;
- Advise and defend controversial billboard and Web site advertising and parody campaigns;
- Act as primary counsel for Web site streaming issues;
- Act as counsel on contract issues, business-to-business negotiations and transactions; and
- Advise in the areas of real estate, employment and general corporate matters