Graydon's Workers' Compensation team has spent over twelve years helping businesses of all sizes in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana develop, improve, and cost-effectively manage their workers’ compensation programs. We have focused our practice on advising and representing the interests of employers in all aspects of their workers’ compensation program, including disputed claim issues before the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, the Industrial Commission of Ohio, the Kentucky Department of Workers’ Claims, and Courts of Common Pleas.
We understand that employees are our clients’ most important assets, therefore we work with employers proactively to make sure that their employees are well trained, safe, and understand the what to do if a workplace injury occurs. We help employers design workers’ compensation and safety programs that include essential injury reporting and investigation documentation, drug testing procedures, and policies that help injured workers return to work as soon as they are medically able.
Unfortunately, not all workplace injuries can be prevented, therefore it is essential for employers to understand the workers’ compensation system of their state and effectively navigate the system, which can be fraught with acronyms, complexities, and misconceptions. We intimately understand the workers’ compensation system, and we work with employers to educate them regarding the legal issues, risks, and requirements that they will face when a disputed claim arises. No claim is the same, and each employer has different circumstances, therefore we work with employers to create cost-effective defense strategies. We offer employers many different and flexible billing alternatives, including flat fee administrative hearing coverage, hourly legal representation, or monthly retainers.
Here are some of the many issues that we can advise and help employers solve pertaining to their workers’ compensation programs:
- State-fund premium and coverage disputes before the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- Self-insured policy issues and adjudication hearings before the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation.
- Risk management and employee education seminars regarding workplace safety and workers’ compensation issues.
- Initial claim assessment to determine whether to accept or reject a claim.
- Representation at statewide hearings before the Industrial Commission of Ohio and the Kentucky Department of Workers’ Claims in matters including
- Initial claim allowance
- Requests for additional medical conditions
- Treatment disputes
- Temporary Total Disability (TTD) and Wage Loss compensation
- Permanent Partial Disability (PPD) compensation
- Permanent Total Disability (PTD) compensation
- Loss of Use awards
- Death claims
- Violation of Specific Safety Requirement (VSSR) investigations and hearings
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Settlement analysis
- Legal representation of employers in workers’ compensation claims that are appealed into Courts of Common Pleas.